1. Name and Address of the Data Processing Controller
The controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation, other data privacy laws in the Member States of the European Union and other data protection–related provisions is:
MKW Lasersystem GmbH
Phone: +49 7221-98 83 91
Fax: +49 7221 98 83 93
(hereafter called: MKW)
2. Collection and Storage of Personal Data As Well As Purpose of Their Use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.mkw-laser.de, the browser used by your terminal automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- the IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- the name and URL of the accessed file,
- the website from which you accessed the page (referrer URL),
- the type of browser and, if applicable, operation system used by your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The above-mentioned data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection to the website
- ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability, and
- other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interests for the purposes of data collection are listed above. In no case will we use the collected data to draw conclusions about you.
b) Contact via the website
Due to legal provisions, the website of MKW contains information which makes it possible to contact our company electronically and allows for direct communication with us. This also includes a general address in the so-called electronic mail (email address). When a data subject contacts the person in charge of the processing via email or a contact form, the personal data concerning the data subject are automatically stored. These personal data supplied by a data subject to the data controller are stored for purposes of processing or contacting the data subject. These personal data are not transferred to third parties.
c) When registering for our Newsletter
If you have given your explicit consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR, we will use your email address to send you our Newsletter on a regular basis. To receive the Newsletter, it suffices if you give us your email address.
You can unsubscribe at any time, for instance via a link at the end of each Newsletter. Alternatively you may also send your wish to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org by email.
3. Transfer of Data
No transfer of your personal data to third parties will take place for purposes other than listed below.
We will transfer your personal data to third parties only if:
- you have given your explicit consent pursuant to Art. 6(1) lit. a GDPR,
- the transfer is required pursuant to Art. 6(1) lit. f GDPR to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there are no grounds to believe that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your information
- a legal obligation for the transfer exists pursuant to Art. 6(1) lit. c GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and necessary according to Art. 6(1) lit. b GDPR to execute contractual relationships with you.
Cookies store information which is provided in connection with the specific terminal device used. This does not mean, however, that this gives us direct knowledge of your identity.
On the one hand cookies help us to make your use of our website more convenient. For example, we employ so-called session cookies in order to recognize that you have already visited different pages of our website. These are automatically erased after you have left our website.
In addition, also for reasons of improving user-friendliness, we employ temporary cookies which are stored on your terminal device for a specific period of time. When you return to our website to avail yourself of our services, they automatically recognize that you have visited us previously, the information you entered and the settings you made so these need not be re-entered.
The data processed by cookies are required for the purposes specified above to protect our legitimate interest and the interests of third parties according to Art. 6(1) lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can configure your browser so that cookies are not stored on your computer or that you are always notified when a new cookie is set. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may result in your being unable to use all functions of our website.
5. Analytics Tools
a) Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a Web analysis service of Google Inc (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereafter “Google”), to design and continuously optimize our website as needed. In this connection pseudonymized user profiles and cookies (see section 4) are used. The information about your use of the website that is generated by the cookie, such as:
- browser type and version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (the website visited previously),
- host name of the computer accessing the website (IP address),
- time of day of the server request,
is transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to analyze your use of the website, to generate reports about the website activities, and to provide other services in connection with the use of the website and the Internet for the purpose of market research and the needs-based design of these Internet pages. Moreover, Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where third parties process this data on Google’s behalf. Google will never associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. The IP addresses will be anonymized so that they cannot be assigned to specific persons (IP masking).
You may prevent the installation of the cookies by making the appropriate settings in your browser software; however, we wish to point out that in this case you may not be able to make full use of all the features of this website.
You can moreover prevent the collection of the data which were generated by the cookie and which concern your use of the website (incl. your IP address) as well as their processing by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile terminals, you can prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. In this case an opt-out cookie is set which prevents the future collection of your data when you visit this website. This opt-out cookie only works in this browser and only for our website, and is set on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, the opt-out cookie must be reset.
Further information on data privacy in connection with Google Analytics is available, for example, from the Google Analytics Help Center (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
6. Rights of the Data Subjects
You have the right:
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR to demand information about your personal data which we have collected. In particular, you may demand information about the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the data will be stored, the existence of the right to rectification, erasure and restriction, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data if they were not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and meaningful information concerning its details, if applicable;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR to demand without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate or completion of incomplete personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR to demand the erasure of your personal data stored by us unless their processing is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant Art. 18 GDPR to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data, their processing is unlawful but you oppose their erasure and we no longer need the data but you require them to establish, exercise of defend legal claims, or if you have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand that those data be transmitted to another controller;
- pursuant to Art. 7(3) GDPR to withdraw the consent which you have granted us at any time. We shall then no longer be allowed to continue with the processing of the data which was based on this consent; and
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. To do so, you may generally turn to the supervisory authority of your customary place of residence or workplace or our place of business.
7. Right to Object
If your personal data are processed on grounds of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6(1) lit. f GDPR, you have the right pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or if your objection is directed against direct marketing. In the latter event you have a general right to object, which we will implement without the need to specify a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right to revoke or object, simply send an email to email@example.com
8. Data Protection Provisions about the Application and Use of YouTube
On this website, the controller has integrated components of YouTube. YouTube is an Internet video portal which allows video publishers to upload video clips free of charge and other users to watch, evaluate and comment on them, also free of charge. YouTube allows the publication of all kinds of videos. Therefore complete film and television broadcasts as well as music videos, trailers or videos produced by the users themselves can be called up via the Internet portal.
The operating company of YouTube is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. YouTube, LLC is a subsidiary of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA.
Every time one of the individual pages of this Internet site, which is operated by the controller and on which a YouTube component (YouTube video) was integrated, is called up, the Internet browser on the information technology system of the user is automatically prompted to download a display of the respective YouTube component. Further information about YouTube may be obtained under www.youtube.com/yt/about/de/. During the course of this technical procedure, YouTube and Google gain knowledge of what specific sub-page of our website was visited by the user.
If the user is logged in on YouTube, YouTube recognizes with each call-up to a sub-page that contains a YouTube video which specific sub-page of our Internet site was visited by the user. This information is collected by YouTube and Google and assigned to the respective user’s YouTube account.
YouTube and Google will receive information through the YouTube component that the user has visited our website, if the user at the time of the call to our website is also logged in on YouTube; this occurs regardless of whether or not the person clicks on a YouTube video. If the user does not want this information to be transmitted to YouTube and Google, the delivery may be prevented if the user logs off from their own YouTube account before calling up our website.
9. Data Security
We use the popular SSL (Secure Socket Layer) methods for site visits, in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Typically, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is encrypted is shown by a key or lock icon in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also take appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.